Here’s little ole’ me tryin’ to get back in the swing of things. This weekend I got my Ipsy box in the mail. I was so excited. It took forever to get it though, which was kinda annoying. But I love what I got in my box. So here goes.
Just like Birchbox (see my review here: https://daisysdailyjoys.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/birchbox-unboxing/) it’s only $10 a month. They send you a variety of different beauty products for you to try. Birchbox tends to be more skincare, while Ipsy is more makeup.
I received 5 products here is a short description and my thoughts on them. (from left to right)
1) Ofra Cosmetics Eyeshadow and Highlighter Bliss–this stuff is the shizzle. I feel like I walked off the red carpet with this stuff. I can only use it as a highlight on my cheeks because it does have a bit of a golden tone to it, but ugh it so pretty! Just don’t apply it too heavily and prepare to be amazed.
2) Coolway Beach Salt Spray– honestly, I might just give this to my sister. Beach sprays have never impressed me. I’ve got curly hair, I don’t need to put salt in my hair to make it look like a fuzz ball.
3) Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer Park Avenue Princess– I’m not sure how I feel about this yet. It’s a little too dark for me, and I found it hard to blend. But somehow, it just made my face look really slim and pretty. So yes I like it, but not enough to shell out cash for it.
4) BellaPierre Cosmetic Mineral Lipstick Pink– Absolutely love this. If you are a lipstick girl like me, go get one! It dries to a demi matte finish and doesn’t budge. I think I might get more of these, depending on the price.
5) Eau Thermale Avène Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser– Haven’t used it yet. I’m always very wary of using this kinds of stuff. I don’t want to aggravate my face.
I think between Ipsy and Birchbox I would definitely choose Ipsy, just because of the focus. I also am not sure if I will do this every month, but when I do I’ll make sure to share.
Hope you had a happy Monday!